CAMBODIA ADVANCE COMMUNICATIONS CO., Ltd. (qb)
Senior Finance Officer June 2010 to May 2017
Major achievements and responsibilities:-
• Participated in M&A transactions and helped in the financial due diligence of the two MNOs in Cambodia.
• Reported to Manager Accounts in most of the cases whereas directly reported to CFO / DCFO in few cases i.e. Expats salary and benefits.
• Supervised preparation of Accounts Receivables and Payables Reports for onward submission to management.
• Ensured accurate day to day postings of various departmental transactions
• Coordinated with procurement department for the Fixed Assets additions
• Reconciliation and recording of daily / monthly revenues to the financial module
• Supervised the Cash Collection Reports from all Sales outlets and its reconciliation with the actual sales and deposited amounts into the banks.
• Supervised for roaming hub and interconnect reconciliation
• Oversaw the submission of monthly sales and purchase records for the tax returns.
• Supervised the preparation of Bank Reconciliation Statements of all company Bank Accounts.
• Periodic balance sheet items balancing i.e Deposits & Accruals
• Ensured all payment are approved and in compliance with the organization’s policies and procedures
• Monthly depreciation & amortization reconciliation & recording
• Prepared cost centre reports, budget utilization report, POS wise sales vs expense report, Weekly monthly and other periodic reports generations etc.
MCB BANK LTD (PAKISTAN)
Supervisor Accounts & Finance officer (OG-II) –Consumer Assets Division July 2004 to June 2010
Incharge Disbursement of Expenses- Consumer Assets Division :
Responsible for Disbursement of 5 GL’s of all Consumer Assets Division payment bills (expenses) all over Pakistan.
Product In charge - Assets Loans:
Managed to respond Autos (car loan), Mortgages (house loan) and Personal Loans repayment Advices, Disbursements, Refunds.
Reconciliation of liability accounts of Assets Loans after its complete verification.
Worked on MCB Payroll System for processing and disbursement of salaries of entire staff in Consumer Assets Division all over Pakistan.
Reporting of Tax deduction on salaries on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
Facilitated in preparation and finalization of budget of Consumer Assets Division for the year 2006 (including all Products).
Monthly & Annual Reporting:
Responsible for preparation and finalization of all kinds of monthly, quarterly and annual reporting required by Head Office including MPR, PP of all Products, Business Indicators & Financial Summary etc.
Responsible to manage all records and reporting to head office regarding fixed assets acquired by the Consumer Banking Group and calculation of depreciations on it.
I remained involved in doing all kinds of expenses reports of Consumer Assets Division branches of Pakistan.
Responsible to make and verify all closings related to month closing and year closing.
Also responsible to clear any kind of discrepancy arose in posting the General Ledger, especially to clear Banking Adjustment Accounts of 5 GL’s.
AHMED USMAN SHABBIR & CO (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS)
Manager Audit & Corporate Affairs August 2002 to July 2004
Worked on several external audit assignments as Manager Audit & Audit Senior and Job Incharge of various reputable organizations having diversified activities on small to large-scale basis mainly in the fields of;
• Service Institutions
• Commercial Importers & Exporters
• Educational Institutions
My Responsibilities for the above assignments included;
Planning for the job assigned and determining planning materiality, developing audit planning audit memorandum and performing the preliminary analytical procedures.
Evaluation of system of internal control and the assessment of inherent and control risk and also making recommendations for the weaknesses identified.
Completing the assigned jobs within targeted time, summarizing the findings in summary review memorandum, attending the audit meetings with the clients and preparation and finalization of final accounts, audit reports and management letters.
Internal Audit Assignments:
I also performed various internal audit assignments and my duties on such special assignments were to (among other things);
Review the accounting and internal control systems.
Evaluate the financial and operating information.
Review the economy, efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
Review the organization’s compliance with the laws, regulations, and management policies.
Income Tax & Corporate Matters:
During my Job and Five years of training my responsibilities relating to tax and corporate matters included;
Preparation and filing of Income tax and Wealth tax returns
Preparation and filing of different statements under Income Tax Rules.
To assist and discuss the case and working with client.
To assist and attend cases at assessment level
Preparation of grounds of Appeal
Dealing with SECP for all corporate matters
Sales Tax Assignments:
• Calculation of sales tax and preparation of Sales Tax Returns.
• Special assignments (audit) of sales tax allotted by CBR
• Preparation and finalization of Sales Tax Audit Reports